The RBSA‘s Next Wave is a biennial exhibition opportunity for emerging and early-career artists (within 10 years of attending an arts course).
Next Wave began in 2014 as a new venture for the RBSA. The project aimed to stage an exhibition of work by emerging and early-career artists that would add to the variety of the RBSA Gallery’s exhibition programme. It also aimed to support and promote the exhibitors to help them develop their career in the arts sector. Following the success of Next Wave 2014, the RBSA made it a biennial project so that the aims could be developed and continued.
New Wave will provide the successful artists:
- An opportunity for RBSA artists to curate new artists in the early stages of their career.
- A professional development experience for artists in the early stages of their career (achieved through the support, guidance and exhibition provided by RBSA).
- A public exhibition held at the RBSA Gallery.
- Exhibition interpretation material.
- A programme of supporting events.
- An opportunity for each artist and curator to meet the RBSA President to discuss their thoughts on the project and how the Society could develop.
- An opportunity for selected artists to become a Next Wave Associate.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 4 July 2018. Fee applies.
Full information on the opportunity can be found here.