- – An opportunity to work with artists and poets.
- – Make portraits in images and words of your chosen older person.
- – Be part of an exhibition and publication and win prizes!!!
- – All materials free!
Young people (aged 5-12) are invited to join a free art workshop event, accompanied by someone over the age of 60 such as a grandparent, guardian, or family friend. The older person is asked to bring with them two photographs; one recent, and one from their 20s, and will discuss the changes that have occurred in their lives between the two photographs. Younger participants will work with practicing artists and poets across two workshops to produce portraits in images and words. Meanwhile, the older participants will attend a design session to explore ideas for the publication of the resulting artwork collection.
- Welcome – 10 a.m.
- Workshop 1: 10:30 – 12:30 p.m. Portrait in words.
- Break for Lunch , not included.
- Workshop 2: 2:15 – 3.15 p.m. Drawing & painting portraits.